It’s almost time for my birthday, in just over a week I will be turning 36. So I thought I would share with you some items I have been lusting after in a birthday wish list post. These are definitely dream gifts so it’s just a bit of fun. In all honesty I would be happy to just be able to see some family and friends – maybe with a bit of birthday cake and a glass of champagne thrown in. But a girl can dream hey!
- Nespresso Lattissima One – I already have a Nespresso machine which I love, I have had it for a few years and it still works but I would love an upgrade. The Lattissima One gives you the added option of making milky drinks and it’s just a bit of a step up from my current one. It looks pretty good as well and in black would fit nicely in our kitchen.
- The White Company Summer Diffuser – I absolutely love all The White Company scents, their candles and diffusers are so gorgeous. The Winter scent is just Christmas in a bottle and we go all out with the products come December. But with it being Summer I would love to have their summer scent all round my house so this would be a perfect gift. They look nice around the house as well so i’m happy to have them on display.
- Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque – I remember from having Emilia that my skin really suffered. Whether it was hormonal or just a lack of a decent skincare routine I’m not sure but I definitely want to invest in some new products so I can at least give my skin a fighting chance this time around. I used this masque in the run up to my wedding and loved it, it is great as a little pick me up for dull, dry or lacklustre skin.
- Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon – I’ve not tried this before, I believe it is a relatively new product and it’s pretty pricey but anything that works whilst I sleep (well or not with a newborn) is a winner for me. They say on the website it will help reduce signs of fatigue and I’ll wake up with healthier looking skin which is very much needed in those early postpartum days!
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronzed Blushing Beauty Kit – Along with skincare, my makeup bag is majorly lacking at the moment. I don’t often wear much makeup so I make do with random samples and a bronzer that is far too old. It would be nice to have a little revamp ready for when we can venture out into public again. And a nice little treat post baby.
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick – Pillow Talk Medium – In my opinion you can’t go wrong with a CT lipstick. They are my absolute favourite to wear and it’s always nice to grab a new shade. Pillow Talk is iconic and I feel like this berry pink version would be perfect for me.
- Spectrum Brushes Oceana 4 piece Set – I would be ashamed to show you the state of my makeup brushes at the moment, they are very old and in desperate need of replacing. This set from Spectrum looks so beautiful and has got the brushes I desperately need in the set. I am definitely not a beauty blogger so I don’t know how these rate but I just need something basic that does the job and isn’t too expensive.
I lost myself a little bit after having Emilia and it took me awhile to take the time to focus on me. I definitely don’t want that to happen again so my birthday list is mainly things that I can use to make me feel better, and keep up the self care. Which is so important for anyone but especially as a new Mum.
So whilst it might seem a little indulgent, who cares – it’s my birthday and I’ve recently given birth so I reckon I deserve it!